One of the most important things to keep in mind with this and all other archeological sites is perspective. The things you believe and the way different artifacts are all about your perspective, try to learn from not change the perspectives of others.
- The largest Mayan city with the most diverse Mayan population
- The only permanent water source of the city was a series of sink holes (cenotes)
- It is believed one of the sink holes was used for human sacrifices (based on remains found throughout the years)
- This city was also the center of trade for many of the neighboring tribes
- El Castillo has 365 steps, believed to be for each day of the year and all structures were made of stone
- Although it was such a large community in the 1400s the city population mysteriously disappeared